It’s a beautiful day in Paradise. I surfed on a borrowed longboard this morning. Thank you, Dive Oahu. Two of my surfboards were lost due to that unnecessary and infuriating arson in Waikiki. But life goes on and we are all safe.
In other news, COVID-19 is making an impact in Asia and other regions of the world. Hawai’i is a destination for many tourists, so we must all be vigilant. It is better to be safe than sorry as the old saying goes.
At Pacific Retina Care we have always emphasized the well being of others and ask you to stay home if sick. But moving forward, this will no longer be a suggestion. If you are feeling unwell, are sick, are contagious, have a fever, have a cough, have a runny nose PLEASE call to reschedule. If you decide not to reschedule, you will be rescheduled when you come in. We are rescheduling at least two weeks out at the recommendation of the CDC. Yes, this is inconvenient. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
Below please find tips on how to stay healthy from our Department of Health:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
2. Avoid touching your face, nose, mouth with unwashed hands- not so easy!
3. Avoid contact with sick people- 6 feet away is the magic number
4. Stay home if sick
5. Cough and sneeze into tissue then discard
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces often
7. Facemasks do not prevent this virus!
8. Make sure you have enough prescription medication on hand
9. Not on their list but a good idea- replenish your hurricane kit
Be safe! Aloha!